Reading Reading Tree
Gateway Education’s Oxford Reading Tree based classes provide a fun environment;
· to practice and develop reading, story-telling, comprehension & composition skills
· to predict & expand stories
· to demonstrate understanding of text, causes & effects and stories consequences
· to introduce vocabulary
· to practice and expand vocabulary use
· to use a range of worksheets that target fine motor skills, penmanship, vocabulary building & composition
There are multiple classes offering levels to suit everyone. Students are encouraged to join the class corresponding to their academic year, which will then remain suitable as it develops throughout the year matching the students growing ability and needs.
Gateway Education certificates are awarded after completion of the course.
Reading Tree 3 (4-5 yrs)
This class uses stage 3, and later stage 4 & 5 books, to encourage more independent reading. Children are encouraged to read and discuss the stories and to trust their own abilities allowing them to develop further. They practice and expand vocabulary through games and worksheets. This is a great class for children to develop skills beyond their traditional school work.