Gateway Education’s Oxford Reading Tree based classes provide a fun environment;
· to practice and develop reading, story-telling, comprehension & composition skills
· to predict & expand stories
· to demonstrate understanding of text, causes & effects and stories consequences
· to introduce vocabulary
· to practice and expand vocabulary use
· to use a range of worksheets that target fine motor skills, penmanship, vocabulary building & composition
There are multiple classes offering levels to suit everyone. Students are encouraged to join the class corresponding to their academic year, which will then remain suitable as it develops throughout the year matching the students growing ability and needs.
Gateway Education certificates are awarded after completion of the course.
Reading Tree 4 (5-7 yrs)
This class is based around stage 5 & 6 books at the start of the year and moves on to stages 7 & 8 as the year and the students progress. Games and activities increasingly target sentence level work while also increasing vocabulary and expanding oral composition, through ‘alternative self-story telling’.